Recently, data breaches from retailers’ unsecure payment processing networks have been on the rise. Your credit or debit card number is stolen during the breach and, (and in some cases, your PIN), leaving you vulnerable to fraud. Fraud includes purchases and/or withdrawals from your credit or debit account.
What To Do if It Happens to You
If you learn that your card information has been compromised, contact SkyOne Federal Credit Union immediately to limit the damage the thief can do, and limit your financial responsibility* for the fraud. Provide any details of the fraudulent transactions or ideas you have about how your account may have been compromised. SkyOne will waive any NSF fees that may be incurred because of the fraud and will restore the fraudulently withdrawn funds to your account.
How to Protect Yourself from Card Fraud
1. Set up Card Alerts
Through our free Card Access App, you can set real-time email or text message alerts for your SkyOne Credit and Debit Cards. The message you receive will contain the amount, time, and date of the transaction and merchant information. Add an extra layer of security to your account, so you have peace of mind knowing your cards are safe and secure.
Choose from a variety of alerts*:
- Transaction Amount
- Gas Station
- Card Not Present (online and phone transactions)
- ATM Withdrawal
2. Save the Fraud Prevention Hotline number in your phone: 844.262.8472
For your protection, our fraud detection system looks for purchases that are out of the ordinary on your account. If we detect transactions that are out of the ordinary, we may call you to verify that the transactions are authorized.
If you received a call from our Fraud Prevention Center, please call us back at your earliest to ensure uninterrupted service.
Fraud Prevention Hotline: 844.262.8472
In addition, we recommend monitoring your account carefully and contacting us immediately if you notice any unauthorized transactions.
If you received a replacement credit or debit card from us:
- Activate your new card immediately upon receipt and memorize your new PIN
- Destroy your old card
- Update your card number with any merchants you have set up for automatic payments
3. Follow these mobile safety tips
To make sure you’re protected when using your mobile device, especially when accessing your accounts and using mobile check deposit, follow these important tips:
- Always log off when done accessing your online accounts and shopping sites
- Avoid texting or emailing personal information
- Back up your data often
- Don’t click on links or attachments in unsolicited emails or text messages
- Don’t hack your device
- Install a mobile security app
- Keep operating systems updated on all your devices (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop computer, etc.)
- Lock your device with a personal identification number (pin) or password.
- Only install applications from trusted sources
- Turn off WiFi, locations services, and Bluetooth when not in use
Know we’re here for you.
Call us at 800.421.7111 immediately if you believe you could be a victim of card fraud. Our Member Service Representatives are available to you Monday – Friday 6 am – 8 pm and Saturday 9 am – 2 pm.
*SkyOne provides zero fraud liability for unauthorized use of your card. Cardholder must notify SkyOne of any unauthorized use no later than 60 days after we sent you the first statement on which unauthorized use appears. Certain conditions and limitations may apply.